Very Special Kids is a charity that improves the quality of life for children with a life-limiting condition and their families. Providing free-of-charge children's palliative care services to over 850 families across Victoria, including counselling, peer support, advocacy and sibling support, as well as respite and end-of-life care at Victoria's only children's hospice. Largely supported by a volunteer base, they have been instrumental in providing families the essential support they need to cope from the point of detection through to bereavement and beyond.
The Trusts and Foundations Lead is a pivotal role at Very Special Kids to increase income to support vital services for seriously ill kids and their families. Reporting to the General Manager Fundraising and Marketing, the role is responsible for building relationships with new Trusts and Foundations Partners, nurturing existing relationships and delivering the content for new submissions. Working cross functionally internally and with exposure to the Very Special Kids Foundations Committee and ELT, the sky is the limit! Enjoy a very positive culture and be a part of a high performing fundraising team.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will be a passionate supporter of families experiencing childhood illness and have the drive to provide these vital services. You will also have:
- Experience working in a trusts and foundations role, including building relationships and strong submission success
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Victorian trusts and foundations network
- Relationship management skills to increase engagement with existing donors
- Drive to increase T&F revenue year on year in a highly supportive environment
- Ability to utilise the CRM to identify opportunities for income generation
How to apply:
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click the APPLY button and follow the links to submit your application. Kindly note, the recruitment of this role is being exclusively managed by Lyndsey Walker at Six Degrees Executive. If you would like to have a confidential discussion prior to applying, please contact Lyndsey Walker at
Back to job search