This high-profile organisation not only has a multitude of market leading consumer, DIY, and trade brands, it also has an enviable track record of growth, inspirational values-based leadership, dominance in the categories it plays in and is regarded as an employer of choice.
User Experience Designer will play a key role in the consumer side of the business to lead and innovate for digital assets. You will need to successfully collaborate with designers, product managers and engineers to develop best in practice products and end to end solutions. Subsequently looking for someone who is customer centric, research focused as well as design focused. The role is a hands-on role and will involve the Designer to spend a lot of their time on the tools whilst also mentoring and coaching junior designers..
Skills & Experience
With proven experience as a mid-level UX / UI Designer you will be able to conduct user research activities to inform interaction design of content, features, and tools. Oversee all aspects of interaction design, to guide, refine and inform the consumer Experience Team. Develop creative design for digital elements and working with external agencies and partners for creative development on large programs.
- A degree in BS or MS in Human Factors, UI Design, Industrial engineering (Focus on UI, Psychology (Focus on Cognitive Psychology & UI Design), Computer Science (Focus on UI Design)
- Understanding of the latest digital trends and research
- Solid understanding of user-centred design principles, some visual design skills
- Strong experience with latest UX Design and creative tools (e.g., Invision, Trello, Moqups, Balsamiq, Power Mocks, Gliffy, Optimizely, Usability tools, illustrator, Photoshop)
- Pragmatic, great attention to detail, excellent communicator, capable of managing project
This business and its leaders place immense value in people, diversity, collaboration, authenticity, and inclusion - leading by example in setting the right behavioural standards and doing the right thing. There's no place for ego or poor behaviour, it's about doing what's right, working as a team and enjoying in the success of the organisation, being proud to work for the brand. Be empowered to manage your day and time as you see fit whether that be in your home office or the great offices in the South-eastern Suburbs.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Nicole Cooke on 0449 853 240 for a confidential discussion.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.