Our client, a large and continually growing natural food business are seeking an experienced warehouse professional to implement best practices for a streamlined & efficient warehouse operation.
The ideal candidate will have experience implementing S&OP's & come from the food industry as well as have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Maintain and manage the daily work planning and resourcing of the team including costing of staff and shifts to ensure a smooth daily operation as well as cost efficient staff utilisation against daily workloads.
- Develop operational workflows that are documented to assist with training, are benchmarked, delegated well and measured for ongoing performance - critical measures like turnaround times, accuracy, damage, inventory losses.
- Manage freight costs and carriers, ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are detailed, delivery schedules and manifests are planned to ensure better cost efficiency. Developing strategies to drive down logistics costs.
- Maintain and achieve the set KPI's for order turn around & inventory management.
- Develop, document and implement SOP's for the Warehouse and Distribution department. As well as develop an Inventory Management system including cycle counts, FIFO and lot management to ensure that data accuracy is achieved.
- Ensure that all team member are adhering to HACCP standards and a high level of cleanliness.
Ideal skills & requirements:
- 4+ years in a similar role.
- Prior WMS implementation.
- Proven development of lean warehouse pratices.
- Lean SixSigma (BONUS)
To find out more please call Brenton on (02) 8024 7146. Or apply using the link.