About the company
Our client is a global player in the apparel space boasting an iconic brand with a rich history that has bridged generations. The business is focused on "thinking differently" in order to engage a diverse base of consumers in an authentic, brand aligned way. The recent commercial success of the business in Australia has triggered an opportunity to invest further in the senior leadership team via the newly created role of Wholesale Director.
The primary function of the role is to drive long term sustainable growth and market share increase for the brand within the wholesale channel within ANZ. Key to this is the ability to continually innovate and find opportunities for growth by developing and delivering sound business strategies, whilst ensuring strong relationships with customers. The successful recruit will have a strong track record of sales leadership in apparel or related categories and demonstrate exceptional customer management & team leadership capability. Reporting to a Country Manager, this role will take a seat at the Senior Leadership table and will contribute to the creation of a cohesive, winning culture.
- Drive sales and customer marketing strategies within the wholesale channel
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and overall management to the ANZ wholesale sales team
- Oversee the management of wholesale (key) accounts via effective management of the Key Account team
- Development of key retailer partners; increasing profitability, distribution and ranging
- Establish and foster a culture of innovation, and mindset of challenging the status quo in order to drive business growth.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification with emphasis on Business or Marketing
- Led a sales function, sales business unit or sales team in a consumer soft goods business environment.
- Success in working within matrixed and multinational organisations.
- Accountability for creating and delivering against strategic plans and goals.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Be a solution focused and collaborative planner.
- Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret financial data and information.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Track record of developing talent, grooming internal successors, and managing out poor performers.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button now. For any additional specific questions or to have a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Suzie McInerney on (03) 8613 3516.