About the company
This organisation is a USA based sports technology company that has achieved rapid global expansion. With an Australian presence through a direct-to-consumer model and through speciality and retail channel partners, the organisation is looking for an experienced consumer durables or retail Marketer to lead the Australian and New Zealand brand and activation plan.
With a core focus on driving distribution, growth and brand alignment via retail partners, sponsorship and traditional above the line and below the line brand strategies, the individual will lead a marketing team of two. With a matrix reporting line into international leaders, this is a unique opportunity to drive growth for this premium high-end product.
About the role
Reporting to Country Manager, the Head of Marketing is responsible for tailoring the global brand strategy for the ANZ market, whilst activating across all channels and brand partners. You will work closely with the global brand teams, feeding back consumer insights and trends whilst also managing local agency partners.
Key remit includes:
- To develop and drive the strategic direction of the brand across ANZ
- To set and continually raise the standard on creative communications (ATL, BTL, Digital marketing, PR, Social etc) which in turn drives penetration and sales
- Activate across all channels to market (retail, speciality, online)
- Launch NPD to market
- Lead the channel expansion plans for direct-to-consumer
- Manage local ambassador, partnerships and sponsorship deals
- Partner with the global brand teams is the USA on a weekly basis
- Manage a team of two - retail marketing manager and sports marketing manager
Skills & Experience
You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have experience as a Senior Marketing Manager or Head of Marketing in a consumer goods business, ideally in sport, wellness or technology products sold into retail partners. Experienced in new media (online, social etc) will be critical as well. Sales or marketing led will be important. Highly ambitious, energetic and with the disciplines of working in a large multinational will be key but offset with the ability to work in a small fast-growing office.
You will also have proven experience in the following:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant space e.g. Marketing / Commerce / Business
- Extensive experience in strategic brand management
- Strong digital marketing and digital campaign analysis experience
- Excellent leadership and presentation skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Highly commercial and ROI focused
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on (03) 8613 3510 for a confidential discussion.