Last month the top 14 companies were named as the best employers in Australia and New Zealand in the 2012 Aon Hewitt Best Employers index.
Microsoft came in number one, so how did they do it?
The survey identified the following common characteristics in all organisations on the best employers list:
- Senior staff who see the importance in producing employees that are engaged and productive.
- Outlined clear performance expectations of employees that matched the company's goals and values as well as making their work meaningful.
- Managers that created a working environment and conditions in which employees would excel.
- Rewarded and recognised employees based on their work.
- Communicated effectively about what employees can expect.
What do you think? Are these the most important attributes in an organisation, or should others be added to the list?