About our Client
Our client is a global listed food business that dominate the international market with their products through the retail & foodservice channels. The business boasts a family culture that is rippled through the business from the top down, across each country, which has resulted in continued growth in their people and brand. Their Australian presence is one that is growing as a result of a recent acquisition and investment, which has led to this newly created opportunity for an experienced Demand and Supply Planning Manager to join the team.
About the Role
This is a newly created role, to lead and develop the demand and supply planning function within the business. You will be responsible for implementing a sound Sales & Operations Planning process that will improve visibility and performance of the supply chain, as well as building a future team of planners to support the businesses growth plans.
* Implement and lead the Sales & Operations Planning process for the business and influence a collaborative planning culture across the business
* Partner with the sales and marketing teams to understand growth plans to meet future demand
* Plan effectively and manage the effective supply of product from local manufacturing and overseas import to meet forecast requirements
* Report to the senior leadership on key deliverable and KPI targets including, DIFOT, service levels, forecast accuracy etc. and drive improvements as required
* Ensure stock availability is maintained at a high level and conduct route cause analysis on any supply issues to make changes as required
* Hire, lead and mentor the right talent for the newly created planning team and ensure their ongoing development
* Work with the Operations Director on supply chain projects, including systems implementations, that will enhance the planning function
Skills and Experience
* Demonstrated experience in a senior Demand and Supply planning role within the FMCG or similar fast paced industry.
* An understanding of the agriculture sector and its supply cycle would be advantageous
* Prior experience in establishing a planning function and driving adoption of an S&OP process
* A hands-on leader who is both able to execute planning process and step up into a team leadership role and mentor multiple planners
* Exceptional analytical capability and ability to deal with the ambiguity of a business going through transformation
* Advanced Excel capability and extensive experience with ERP and demand forecasting tools.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact David Goodrem on (03) 8613 3507 or Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.