- Permanent position / East Melbourne inner suburbs location
- Small business looking for a collaborative financial controller
- Exciting period seeing growth in their market
Looking for a financial controller with experience in commercial sector and chartered accounting firm.
About the Company
Our client is a small organisation that operates as a start-up with new projects and innovations in this collaborative and team-oriented environment. With big plans to continue their growth, a Financial Controller with a commercial mindset is crucial to their success.
About the Role
This role is a permanent position based in East Melbourne within inner suburbs, reporting into the CFO with one direct report with the following responsibilities:
- Looking after all accounting operations including support functions
- Oversee month end and year end financial and management reporting to ensure the accuracy of financial results and reports
- Lead change and improvement activities to create efficiencies in line with business requirements
- Improve, develop & look after the annual budgeting & forecasting process
- Work closely with internal stakeholders on new projects and innovations
- Deliver financial strategy with company goals alongside CFO
- CPA or CA qualified
- Strong chartered background and commercial experience working in small to medium businesses / any start up/scale up experience is valuable
- Commercial - can translate finance and accounting information into sound commercial advice
- Lead the month end and year end processes
- Highly motivated, well organised and a proactive approach - demonstrating good business partnering skills
- Work as a member of a team to meet common goals
- Curious, collaborative, team-player who is accountable and passionate about growth
How to Apply:
Please apply directly by clicking on the apply button.