About the Company
Our client is a successful FMCG business with a suite of both heritage and challenger brands across multiple categories within both grocery and food service. The portfolio has over 500 products across various food categories, touching 12 key brands. Due to three recent acquisitions and a growing Marketing team, the business would like to appoint an Innovation Manager to instil a "consumer first" culture with innovation at the core of the business.
The Innovation Manager role is newly created to drive "consumer first" thinking whilst operating as a challenger brand, flipping categories on their heads, challenging competitors, and identifying short term and long-term opportunities for brand growth across 5 core brands, new up and coming brands and private label. In addition, identify, assess, develop, and launch new products to market, you will also implement new ways of working around design thinking to meet the ever-changing needs of consumers within their target markets.
- Drive an innovation culture and creative thinking; examples of innovation may include blue sky thinking, new packaging, new formats, line extensions, moving into adjacent categories and M&A
- Partner with 50 suppliers both locally and globally, heavy reliance on global partnerships
- Provide leadership and vision to all team members (x4 Product Managers) and manage their performance through the setting of annual metrics, conducting timely performance reviews, encouragement, advice, and direction.
- Ensure the business has a minimum three-year strategic plan and an annual business or operating plan. This plan to include key functional areas and any joint ventures
- Grow the business through market expansion, increased volumes, and private label
- Assess feasibility of concepts and potential NPD
- Measure acceptance rate of NPD and the delivery of commerical results
- Operate within a robust stage / gate process
- Market/desk research for new product development; U&A, consumer immersions, sensory etc.
- Continuously review and improve all business processes (internal and external) to ensure continuous performance improvement
Skills and Experience
To be successful you must have significant experience in a senior marketing or innovation leadership position within a high volume, sophisticated FMCG/manufacturing environment with a strong focus on growing the business locally.
Tertiary qualified, you will demonstrate a credible, long-term track history of marketing success within the FGMCG industry, ideally working with global and or local brands. You will be a highly commercial, detail oriented and creative marketer who loves to collaborative and test the waters with commerical innovation launches.
You will be an empowering, engaging, and motivational leader who is able to build and maintain a strong collaborative, dynamic team culture. You have a proven ability to influence at all levels and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and team. If you are a strong fit to this profile, and if you are ripe for a new leadership challenge, come and be part of the exciting journey.
This is a professional, performance driven culture built around values of collaboration, passion, integrity, and pride. You will be surrounded by a team of equally curious, intelligent individuals who are focused on delivering the best for the organisation and their customers.
Get in touch
If this role sounds of interest, please make contact directly with Maya Wettenhall 8613 3510 or submit your application directly via sixdegreesexecutive.com.au