About the business
Six Degrees is a privately owned, Australian executive recruitment business who pride themselves on building an enviable culture of continuous improvement, and personal and professional development. With offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, we have an extensive track history partnering with many of Australia's leading small, medium and ASX listed organisations.
We believe our people are our most powerful asset, so it is our priority to ensure our people enjoy coming to work. But don't just take our word for it, we have just featured in the top 10 Best Places to Work in Australia.
About the role
As we continue to grow and expand, the challenge of our Finance team is to continue to provide best in class support to our high performing sales function to ensure the business stays ahead of the curve.
To provide financial support and direction for the business to ensure efficient management of financial processes and activities. The Management Accountant is a key support to the Finance Manager with the day to day and monthly financial transactions, processes and information capture and reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare Monthly Financial Statement according to the Australian Accounting Standard
- Handle complete End of Month procedures, including accruals, prepayments, adjustment journal, and depreciation
- Prepare Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare, maintain, and update Cash Flow Statement
- Preparation of Cash Flow Forecast
- Assisting in preparation of yearly budgets and ongoing forecasting processes
- Account reconciliations and maintaining integrity of Balance Sheet
- Prepare BAS, PAYG and FBT for the entire organisation
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation registers
- Variance Analysis
- Review expense reporting
- Preparation of ad hoc reports for the stakeholders as required
- Continuously work on process improvement in business processes
Skills and experience
This role requires excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across multiple functions and sites nationally. With strong accuracy and attention to detail, you are a team player looking to advance your experience and skillset. You possess a can-do attitude and the resilience to manage changing priorities. Committed to delivering within tight deadlines, you are self-motivated, and able to multi-task.
Ideally you will have a minimum of three years' experience in a similar role within professional services and:
- Minimum Graduate Degree in Accounting, Post Graduate preferred
- Qualified CA or near completion (final module)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill (Pivot tables, LOOKUP's, Power Query)
- Experience using XERO a must, CONCUR and ASTUTE advantageous
- Experience in building Microsoft Power BI reports
- Good understanding of IFRS and Australian Accounting Standard
Six Degrees values life experience, as such volunteer work, community engagement, overseas travel or intern experience.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button.