About the company
Our client is a large globally listed PaaS business servicing large enterprises. The organisation has multiple offices across the globe and is well positioned to respond to the growing demand of software solutions their customers are needing in relation to Covid-19 as well as BAU activities. As such, they are seeking to bring in a highly capable and experienced Senior Network Engineer on a 12 month contract.
About the role
Our client is seeking to bring in a Senior Network Engineer to their Cloud Networking team - this is a global team however this role will be based in Sydney. You will report directly into a global Network Engineer Director. As a more senior member of the team, you will act as the conduit between the customer and the on-site network engineers. You will be responsible for the continued uplift in capability of the on-site network engineers as well as act as a point of escalation for the team. As part of your role you will also be responsible for reviewing and overseeing the current monitoring systems and device management strategies and make changes and recommendations based on gaps identified. You will also transition new platforms and services from engineering into operations and develop and maintain automations to ensure devices are configured and operating within defined standards. You will also take the lead in driving testing/implementation projects.
Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Network Engineer working on large enterprise networks (experience working for a large managed serviced provider preferred)
- Experience with HSRP/VRRP, OSPF, ISIS, MCLAG, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP
- Experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP, ISIS and OSPF)
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- Knowledge of MPLS
- Experience working in Cisco and Juniper network environments
- Ideally experience or understanding of Linux/Unix
- Certifications in Cisco or Juniper an advantage - eg JNCIE or CCIE
This will be a 12 month contract - day rate on offer
Our client is a values-based business, with a strong collaborative culture and high retention rates. They pride themselves on working with the latest technologies and providing innovative solutions to their clients. This is a great opportunity to work for a market leader in their field.
If this sounds like the role for you please APPLY now or contact Christine Armadass on