Test yourself by completing our pre-interview checklist
Section A: Organisation information
- Have I explored their website?
- What market sectors are they strongest in?
- Who are their competitors?
- What products and / or services are they well-known for?
- What challenges do they face?
- Do I have any initiatives in mind to address the challenges?
Section B: Role specific
- Have I read the job description in detail?
- What are the 5 core competencies of the role?
- What questions am I going to ask them?
- Why do I want this job?
- What are my key selling points and why should they hire me?
- Are they likely to have any concerns about my ability? If so, how am I going to tackle these?
Section C: Relevance of past experience
- Am I familiar with the BBI style of questioning?
- Have I anticipated questions that are likely to be asked, related to the core competencies in the job description?
- Do I have prepared examples that follow the situation-process-outcome model for each of them?
- Am I confident in my ability to perform each of the competencies asked in the job description?
- What are my areas of development to succeed in this role?
Section D: Last minute preparation
- Where is the company based?
- Do I know how to get there?
- Have I allocated enough time to get there, while being mindful of not arrive too early?
- Who is the interviewer?
- What is their name and title?
- What is their interview style?
- Do I know what an appropriate dress code is? (err on the side of formality if unsure)