New CEO for Cancer Council
- Cancer Council NSW has announced the appointment of Jeff Mitchell as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Mitchell has over 35 years of commercial experience, principally in banking and finance.
- He has been a member of the Board of Cancer Council NSW since April 2015 and has chaired its audit and risk, investment and IT committees.
- Mitchell will commence in the role on 24 October.
NFPs welcome $15 million funding from government
- Not-for-profits have welcomed a $15 million investment into the Asylum Seeker Vet Program.
- Migrant and refugee settlement agency AMES Australia has welcomed the decision by the Victorian Government.
- Expansion of 300 to 3,000 places for refugees and asylum seekers who are accessing the program.
- “This initiative will give many refugees and asylum seekers their first opportunity to study in Australia and the chance to improve their skills and qualifications,” said AMES CEO Cath Scarth.
Australia Welcomes Girls in Tech
- Global Not for Profit Girls in Tech has officially launched in Australia to ramp up support for girls and women in the digital technology sector.
- They are bringing a series of world-class events, programs and initiatives down under in a bid to grow the local tech ecosystem and close the gender gap.
- Women represent just 20 per of Australia’s digital technology workforce, with nearly a third of female digital technology workers leaving the sector within 10 to 15 years of service.
More support for Victorian carers
- A $19.2 million funding boost was announced during Child Protection Week to help foster, kinship and permanent carers meet the additional needs of children in their care.
- $8.73 million for flexible support for foster and kinship carers
- $7.18 million for similar flexible support for new and existing permanent carers
- $1.15 million for service enhancements to improve the experience of kinship carers
For more information, contact our Not for Profit specialist Michelle Young on 03 8613 3527
Most of us understand the importance of taking time off work when we are injured or unwell, however...
Most executive teams would agree that the role of a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has undergone...