Inside H&M Pitt Street
- International retailer, H&M, opened the doors to its Sydney flagship on Saturday, 31 October.
- Crowds queuing in Pitt Street Mall were entertained by a DJ from 6am followed by a performance from Nathan Hawes from The Voice.
- The H&M retail staff performed a Halloween themed choreographed dance before the doors to Michael Jackson’s Thriller and the Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- At 10am H&M Australia country manager, Hans Andersson, cut the ribbon to officially open the store.
Rip Curl posts strong growth
- Surfwear group, Rip Curl, has enjoyed a 7.4 per cent lift in underlying earnings while its competitor Quiksilver recently went into bankruptcy and Billabong just returned to profit.
- The privately owned wholesaler and retailer says its full year underlying earnings rose to $28.9 million in 2014/15 compared to $26.9 million a year ago.
Masters’ moment of truth
- The fate of the Masters Home Improvement chain is expected to be revealed within a fortnight as both joint venture partners report on their operations to shareholders.