At Six Degrees, we know that a high-performing team doesn’t need to operate in a boring, lifeless corporate environment. That’s why the Six Degrees founding directors set out to create something different: a close-knit culture affectionally referred to as the “Six Degrees family”.
We’ve created a fun yet professional environment where people can grow and thrive. This means that we celebrate diversity and individual brilliance, and we know our best work is driven by our collaborative, team-based culture where we support each other to achieve at our best. Read more about the Six Degrees story.
Benefits of working at Six Degrees
The recruitment sector has a highly mobile workforce with an industry average staff turnover of around 40%. At Six Degrees, we’re proud of the fact that the culture we’ve built and supportive, team mentality has led to a low turnover rate around 20%.
Why do so many top performers choose Six Degrees as their career choice? Perhaps it’s the massively satisfying feeling that comes from unearthing the best talent for our clients and helping candidates find their ideal career paths – or maybe it’s due to the many benefits on offer for the team at Six Degrees:
- Work flexibly: Everyone is different, so we encourage our team to work when (and where) they are most productive. You don’t need to be the last person to leave to make a good impression.
- Reap the rewards: Six Degrees offers above-average industry remuneration and has numerous exciting initiatives to keep our team engaged and achieving.
- Drive performance: We are a team of naturally high performers, driven to achieve quality outcomes for our candidates and clients. A quality framework linked to incentive benefits underpins our processes. Our culture isn’t about hard-core targets: unlike other recruiters, targets are underpinned by a team mentality where we support each other and celebrate shared successes.
- Improve your skills: Every member of the Six Degrees family – from our founding directors to the newest members of our Graduate Program – shares a strong commitment to continuous learning. We support ongoing training through a structured Learning & Development program, financial support for further education, on-the-job learning, a coaching and mentoring program and a comprehensive induction program.
- Have a good time at work: We take our role in shaping futures seriously, but we also have a good time along the way. We value a good sense of humour and encourage you to stay positive and happy.
- Progress your career: Our Learning & Development program is designed to help our team members achieve their goals by providing access to varied internal career pathways in managerial and non-managerial roles.
- Put your family first: It’s okay to pick up the kids and check on your Grandma. Our parental leave includes fathers, same-sex and de facto families. You’ll also get additional annual leave for tenure, and a day off on your birthday each year so you can celebrate in style!
- Be yourself: Who else would you be? We value diversity and encourage you to bring your individuality to work. We know our team members are real people, not corporate robots.
- Stay healthy: Recruitment is a fast-paced environment, so we recognise the importance of physical and mental health and work-life balance. We offer a monthly Health & Wellbeing allowance you can devote to an activity of your choice. There’s also an Employee Assistance Program, along with free fruit each week and annual flu vaccinations.
- Celebrate success: We recognise and celebrate success together, with many fun team events during the year.
- Give back: We encourage you to give back to the community. Take a day to volunteer for a cause close to your heart or organise an event for your team.
- Grow the family: Receive a referral bonus when your personal recommendation becomes part of the Six Degrees family.
We develop and invest in our people
Members of the Six Degrees family are challenged to develop personally and professionally from day-one through an intensive induction program, access to corporate coaching and mentoring, monthly “lunch and learn” sessions with industry leaders, regular training with external facilitators, attendance at industry conferences and financial support for further education.
See what some of the team say about working at Six Degrees Executive:
Recruitment is a fun and exciting career with great benefits, incentives and opportunities for career progression.
Learn more about why a career in recruitment is an exciting and genuinely rewarding career choice.
Are you a forward-thinking candidate with ambition, energy, drive, and determination to learn, grow and challenge traditional thinking?
Each year, we offer limited graduate places in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney.
Learn more about Six Degrees' Graduate Program – and work somewhere awesome.