Social Media Statistics Australia for October 2016 announced
- YouTube is seeing consistent growth almost every month as it nears Facebook volume.
- Twitter has been stagnant in user growth over the past 2 years.
- Google Plus in Australia has approx 60,000 users who actively use the service every month and this hasn’t grown for sometime.
Telstra, Qantas and Optus most ‘loved’ brands in Australia: social media analysis
- According to the ‘Netbase Top 50 Brand Love List’, Telstra, Qantas, and Optus are the most ‘loved’ Australian brands on social media.
- “Australians have a real love and passion for connectivity and social media, with Social Media & SMS and Technology industries featuring heavily in the top 10 Love List.” says NetBase CMO, Paige Leidig.
- Other Australian brands ranking highly on the mention count but not making the top 50 include NAB, JetStar, Bunnings, JB Hi-Fi, Coles, Hungry Jacks, Officeworks, and Big W.
Who is the typical Aussie online shopper?
- The third annual Global Online Shopping Study from Pitney Bowes has been released, revealing an updated snapshot of the typical Aussie online shopper.
- According to the survey results, the typical online shopper is more likely to be male, aged 25-35 years old.
- He prefers to shop with brands he trusts, although this doesn’t necessarily preclude international e-commerce stores, which he probably buys from.
- This is an amalgamation of the key findings from Pitney Bowes’ survey of approximately 13,000 adults across 13 countries including Australia about their perceptions, habits and preferences for making online purchases.
How MYOB's marketing leader is repositioning the brand strategy
- Australian owned accounting software player, MYOB, has kicked off a major rebranding program aimed at re-educating the market about its offerings and repositioning itself as an innovative technology company.
- The new brand strategy is based around a fresh positioning statement, ‘simplify success’, and is the culmination of a year’s worth of work that’s also seen MYOB invest heavily into digital marketing technology, market and brand insights, in-house skillsets and online sales channels.
- “We really need to do a bigger repositioning and rebrand job. People internally were desperate for people externally to better understand what we’re all about.” Said Group General Manager of Marketing, Natalie Feehan
Digital uptake in Australian retail – still early days
- Internet Retailing consumer insights team went out to 20+ Australian retail CEO’s and marketing managers, to understand perceptions and comparative expenditure on digital.
- Digital will be the major focus on marketing expenditure going forward. In fact on average, increases in marketing spend of 35+ per cent on digital, over prior period was the average.
- Achieving a single view of the customer was the top priority for the majority of senior retail respondents, although most are in the early stages of development or initial assessments.
For further industry insights, get in touch with Natalie Rogers on 03 8613 3577
Most of us understand the importance of taking time off work when we are injured or unwell, however...
Most executive teams would agree that the role of a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has undergone...